Our public administration copying licence enables
- copying and scanning articles from newspapers and magazines and excerpts from books, reports and other printed publications
- copying and scanning sheet music and song lyrics
- copying and printing images and texts from the Internet
- distributing copies in paper form or print-outs and by email to your organisation’s staff
- creating press clippings of newspaper and magazine articles and sharing them within your organisation in digital form
- storing copies and press clippings in a closed internal network of your organisation, such as your Intranet, so that they can be only accessed by the staff of your organisation. The copies can be made available to the staff for one year.
The copies can be used for internal administrative purposes within your organisation, such as Intranet, research and planning and training organised for the organisation’s personnel.
Our copying licence enables
|Text and images||Sheet music and song lyrics|
|Photocopying||20 pages per publication; a maximum of half of the publication||10 pages per publication, no more than half of the publication|
20 pages per publication; a maximum of half of the publication
an entire article from a newspaper or magazine
|10 pages per publication, no more than half of the publication|
|Printing out||20 pages per digital source||10 pages per publication, no more than half of the publication|
|Copying and saving legally and freely available online material||20 images or as printed A4-sized pages per website||10 pages per publication, no more than half of the publication|
A maximum of 10 % of the total page number of an SFS standard, however no more than 20 pages of an SFS-standard, can be copied or scanned. However, main components of a standard, such as a key image, table or another similar element, cannot be copied alone. Standards in digital format can be copied and printed according to their individual licence terms.
A maximum of 10 pages of musical notations, song lyrics and sheet music can be copied or scanned per publication, but not more than half of the publication. Our copying licence enables copying sheet music and song lyrics for the purpose of internal use within an organisation. Copies can only be used in events with free admission arranged by your organisation, where the audience consists solely of the organisation’s personnel. Copies of sheet music cannot be used in other public performances or in preparing for such performances.
- international standards
- databases, computer software
- workbooks, exercise books and answer books
- audio or audiovisual works, performances of written or musical works or the recordings thereof
- such online material that the use of requires acquiring a licence or registration or is subject to a separate licence, such as the Creative Commons licence
- material that the use and copying of with Kopiosto’s licences has been prohibited by the author, publisher or another copyright holder (list of works and copyright holders)
In addition to the aforementioned, our digital copying licence does not apply to
- research reports and other surveys
- scripts of plays
- foreign comics.
Our licence does not apply to the copying of works for the purposes of publishing activities, distributing copies outside an organisation or sharing and communicating copies in social media or the Internet.