Acquiring a licence
In order to receive an extensive licence for their service, service providers must agree upon
- the rights defined in the extended collective licence (Section 25l of the Copyright Act) with the organisations that represent copyright holders.
The licence is collectively granted by the copyright organisations approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture, meaning Kopiosto, Teosto, APFI and Gramex. In order to acquire a licence, service providers only need to contact Kopiosto, who carry out all necessary practical procedures and services on behalf of all copyright holders.
- the rights concerning TV companies with such companies.
The price of the collective licence granted by Kopiosto, Teosto, APFI and Gramex (section 1 above):
- 1.1.–31.12.2022: 2,435 €/per customer per month + VAT 10 %.
- 1.1.–31.12.2023: 2,485 €/per customer per month + VAT 10 %.
- 1.1.–31.12.2024: 2,525 €/per customer per month + VAT 10 %.
- 1.1.–31.12.2025: 2,555 €/per customer per month + VAT 10 %.