The scope of our copying licence does not include
- workbooks, exercise books and answer books
- international standards
- audio and audiovisual works, such as audio books, music, cinematic works or radio and TV programmes or computer programs
- material that the use and copying of with Kopiosto’s licences has been prohibited by the author, publisher or another copyright holder (list of works and copyright holders)
- works shared in social media, blogs or online forums for the purposes of communication between private persons.
Nor does our licence apply to
- translating song lyrics,
- modifying published learning material or musical works, or
- publishing activities or sharing and distributing copies openly on the Internet.
Such works shared on social media, blogs and discussion forums for the purposes of communication between private persons may include e.g. images shared by individuals, opinion posts published on discussion forums, posts shared on social media channels or blog posts shared on personal websites. Some of these are works and photographs protected by the Copyright Act, the use of which often requires the author’s permission.
The Ministry of Education and Culture has taken the view that Kopiosto’s copying licence cannot cover such works or images shared by private individuals on social media, discussion forums or blogs. Therefore, they are not covered by Kopiosto’s copying licence. Blog posts published by or under the responsibility of such actors as newspaper publishers or the like are included in our licence.