Our copying licence enables the copying of the following materials for the teaching and administrative purposes of educational institutions
- excerpts from Finnish and foreign publications, such as books, newspapers, magazines, sheet music and other printed publications, and
- freely available online images or photos and texts, such as online newspaper or magazine articles, digital publications, reports and excerpts from e-books.
Our licence does not apply to material that the use and copying of with Kopiosto’s licences has been prohibited by the author, publisher or another copyright holder (list of works and copyright holders).
The following types of using copies are allowed:
- distributing them to a group of students in paper form and as print-outs,
- attaching them to your own teaching material or the exercises and projects of students, and
- storing them on closed course platforms or other closed online environments to be made available to the group of students the copies are produced for.
Our copying licence enables you to collect course material on a closed course platform by copying and scanning Finnish and foreign scientific articles and excerpts from various publications.
You can record teaching situations or lessons and include the works used in the lesson, such as excerpts from books, in the recording. You may stream the video recording to other premises or make it available to the students participating in the course on a closed course platform.
Remember to provide the source and the author
When you copy or use works, remember to include the names of the author and the work according to the proper manner.
For additional information, please contact our customer service.