The agreement between the Rectors’ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences Arene, Universities Finland UNIFI and Kopiosto does not apply to continuing education arranged by universities and other higher education institutions.
What does our copying licence enable?
Teachers, lecturers, students and other members of the staff of the licensee can produce copies with our licence.
Our copying licence enables the copying of the following materials for the purposes of continuing education:
- excerpts from Finnish and foreign publications, such as books, newspapers, magazines, scholarly publications, sheet music and other printed publications, and
- freely available online images or photos and texts, such as online newspaper or magazine articles, digital publications, reports and excerpts from e-books.
Our copying licence enables producing copies of digital publications from certain American publishers, such as scientific journals. The American publishers included within the scope of our licence can be found in the Copyright Clearance Center list. Possible restrictions can be found in the Copyright Clearance Center service.
Our copying licence enables
- photocopying and scanning excerpts from printed publications
- saving, downloading and printing online images or photos and texts.
The following types of using copies are allowed:
- distributing copies to the students participating in a course in paper form or as print-outs,
- attaching them to your own teaching material or the study, exercise and project materials of students,
- saving them on a closed course platform to be made available to the students participating in the course and
- sending them to the students participating in the course by email.
Copies of sheet music can be used in teaching or events with free admission organised by a continuing education service provider, where the audience consists mainly of the students of the licensee, their families and the licensee’s staff.
Sheet music for choirs, bands and orchestras may only be copied for the purposes of teaching music theory and research.
The copies can be made available to the students participating in the course on the licensee’s closed course platform or other similar closed network for the duration of the course or a similar study unit, including exams.
Our copying licence enables you to collect course material on a closed course platform by copying and scanning Finnish and foreign scientific articles and excerpts from various publications.
You can record teaching situations or lessons and include the works used in the lesson, such as excerpts from books, in the recording. You may stream the video recording to other premises or make it available to the students participating in the course on a closed course platform.
Remember to provide the source and the author
When you copy or use works, remember to include the names of the author and the work according to the proper manner.
Help us distribute remunerations
Information about the copying and use of works is required to distribute remunerations collected from copying to copyright holders. You can report digital copies scanned and produced by you in our Reporting service (in Finnish). We also perform regular copying sample surveys.
How to acquire a licence
Please contact our customer service to get your licences in order.