The support can be applied for by
- private persons, work groups and companies and organisations working professionally in the audiovisual industry
The support is primarily intended for the internationalisation activities associated with completed works supported by AVEK, with the exception of documentary and short film financing forums.
The support is granted for
- authors for the costs of travelling to a major international festival or event where the author’s work is presented
- international distribution of Finnish audiovisual works and the related costs
- producers and authors for the costs of participating international events and notable short film and documentary financing forums
- the costs of producing materials that promote internationalisation on a case-by-case basis
- other activities necessary for international distribution
As a general rule, a single work can receive the support no more than twice. This does not apply to completed works that are ineligible for the support for international promotion of the Finnish Film Foundation.
If the support is granted for developing a work in a workshop or funding a work in an international forum, the support must be applied for by the production company.
The support is not granted for
- daily allowances
- loss of income
- regular costs of production included within the scope of production support
- exhibition building costs
- costs of internationalisation of student works if the producer is an educational institution
- participation in long-form fictional film and serialised drama financing forums/markets
As a general rule, the sum of the support for production companies and organisations is 50% of the eligible costs. The support for the costs of travel for authors can be more than 50% of the eligible costs.
If the final report is overdue, the applicant is ineligible for additional support.
- Support for international promotion is applied through AVEK’s application system.
- The application must be submitted to AVEK before the internationalisation trip/event. The support is not granted retroactively.
- All applications are processed without specific application periods.
- The CEO of Kopiosto will issue decisions regarding the applications. The Director of AVEK will present the applications.
In addition to the applicant’s basic information, the following must be filled in on the application form:
- application title
- short description of the project’s content
- the sum applied for, final sum of the project’s overall budget
- cost estimate as a calculation with an itemisation of expenses
- a description of the event’s significance and content and motivation for the application. overall funding plan
- description of applicant’s previous activities (required)
- a confirmation of participation/invitation to an event
- other required material, such as an internet link
The support is paid on the basis of a written commitment. The commitment defines the rights and obligations of the recipient of the support and the deadline for the final report.
If the support has not been withdrawn within three months from an approved decision, any undrawn support is returned to AVEK’s support funds.
The final report must be submitted through the digital application system by the deadline specified in the commitment.
If the final report has not been submitted by the deadline and a new deadline has not been agreed upon with AVEK, the support granted must be paid back.
The final report is made directly in the application system and it must include the following information:
- a short description of the organised event (max. 300 characters)
- a written report on the use of the support and its significance to the applicant
- a financial report and further plans
- a cost specification of the realised costs (in the same format as in the application); if the costs exceed EUR 2,000, the cost specification must be signed by an accountant. If the support granted by AVEK f is EUR 20,000 or more an audit report is a required attachment.
- images, links, etc. can be provided as attachments