- private individuals, working groups, companies and organisations operating professionally in the audiovisual industry
Support can be granted for
- travel to international festivals or an event that the applicant’s work has been selected for
- international exports of Finnish audiovisual works and costs incurred from such
- participation of producers and audiovisual makers in international industry events and financing forums
- discretionary support can be awarded for manufacturing costs of materials promoting internationalisation
- for other activities required for international distribution
Support will not be granted for
- per diems
- loss of income
- conventional production costs covered by production support
Maximum support for production companies and organisations is 50% of the acceptable costs. Support for the maker’s travelling costs may exceed 50% of the acceptable costs.
Application and decision-making procedures
The support is applied for in the online application system.
The application must be submitted to AVEK prior to the international promotion trip/event in question. Support will not be granted retroactively.
Applications will be processed without deadlines.
Support decisions will be made by Kopiosto’s CEO with AVEK’s director as the rapporteur.
- brief presentation of the work/production/event
- plan for support use
- cost estimation and financing plan
- account of applicant’s previous activity
- other material, e.g. web link (voluntary)
Contract and payments
Support will be paid against a written contract. The contract defines the rights and duties of the support recipient and the date for the final report submission. If the support has not been drawn within three months of the decision, and no substitutive plan has been submitted, the undrawn support will be returned to the AVEK promotion funds.
A final report must be submitted to the online application system within the date stated in the contract.
If the final report has not been submitted within the agreed time limit, and no new deadline has been agreed on with AVEK, the granted support must be returned.
Overdue final report prevents the granting of new supports.
Final report must include at least the following annexes:
- written report of the support usage
- statement of expenses
- other possible annexes, e.g. photographs, links, etc. (voluntary)
If the support has been granted to a production company or an organisation, the following annexes must also be submitted:
- final report signed by producer/person in charge with a summary of actualised costs
- confirmation of actualised costs and financing based on the company accounting, signed by the company accountant/accounting company
Support recipient must attach AVEK’s name and/or AVEK logo to the course / training event programme, as well as to promotion and marketing materials. Instructions and more information can be found here.