Registered Finnish societies and companies, who are obliged to keep records, in the audiovisual field can apply for this support.
Support recipient must attach AVEK’s name and/or AVEK logo to the promotion and marketing materials of the event. Instructions and more information can be found here.
Application and decision procedure
The support is applied for in the online application system.
- description of the content of the project
- explanation of why the support is applied for
- budget and financing plan
- account of applicant’s previous activity
- other material, such as a web link etc. (voluntary)
AVEK board of directors will approve support decisions. Application and decision process is tied to board meeting times, for which you can find the schedule here. The application must reach AVEK prior to the start of the festival or event.
- New events or new forms in established events are favored in the decision making
- The event’s effect on promoting audiovisual culture
- The event’s or project’s effect in an area
- The event’s or project’s developing plan
- Reporting of earlier supports as agreed
Contract and payments
Support will be paid against a written contract. The contract defines the rights and duties of the support recipient and the date for the final report submission.
If the support has not been drawn within three months of the decision, and no substitutive plan has been submitted, the undrawn support will be returned to the AVEK promotion funds in the next board meeting after the deadline has passed.
A final report must be submitted to the online application system within the date stated in the contract. If the final report has not been submitted within the agreed time limit, and no new deadline has been agreed on with AVEK, the granted support must be returned. Overdue final report prevents the granting of new support.
Final report annexes
- Written report of the actualised event signed by persons in charge
- Statement of costs by a bookkeeper or if the support is over 20 000 €, by an accountant. The statement needs to include a comparison between the budget and the actualised costs.